WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
Cookies are small text files that contain information. They are sent by the website management software and are stored on each visitor’s hard drive. This information may include the type of server each visitor uses, the type of computer, the operating system, the internet service provider, language, font size and other such information, so that you need not enter these preferences every time you visit the website.
Cookies do not cause damage to your computer (or mobile telephone) or to the files stored on it and they do not receive any information from any document or file stored on a visitor’s computer. Cookies cannot be used to reveal your identity, but may be used to identify your computer.
More browsers accept cookies sent by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to refuse to accept them or to accepted only certain cookies selected.
Cookies generally perform various functions, such as facilitating your browsing from one page to the next, storing your preferences and, generally speaking, improving your website browsing experience. Cookies are distinguished into various categories, depending on the purpose they serve and the way they function (e.g. functionality cookies, analysis, advertising cookies, third-party cookies, etc.), as explained below in detail.
SPECIFICATION OF COOKIES
Cookies are classified below. Please note that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Cookie categories depending on the entity managing them:
Depending on the party that manages the computer from which cookies are sent and handling the data received, cookies can be distinguished into:
– Own cookies: These are cookies sent to a user’s terminal equipment from a computer or server managed by the person responsible for the website and who provides the services requested by users.
– Third-party cookies: These are cookies sent to a user’s terminal equipment from a computer or server not managed by the publisher but by a different entity that processes the data received through these cookies.
Cookie categories depending on the length of time they remain active:
Depending on the length of time they remain active on the terminal equipment, cookies can be distinguished into:
– Session cookies: This is a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while a user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information interested only in the provision of service a user requests only in one case.
– Permanent cookies: This is a type of cookie where data remain stored on the user’s terminal and can be accessed and processed over a period of time set by the entity responsible for the cookie, which may range from a few minutes to several years.
Cookie categories depending on their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data received through cookies are processed, cookies can be distinguished into:
– Technical cookies (necessary): These are cookies that allow the user to navigate a website and use the different options or services offered therein, storing information such as identifying the session, accessing services of restricted access, remembering the components that make up an order, carrying out a purchase process, submitting a request to register for or participate in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for broadcasting video and/or sound, etc.
– Customisation cookies (preferences): These are cookies that allow the user to access the service with certain general characteristics, predefined on the basis of a number of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, type of browser through the service is accessed, time or regional settings, etc.
– Analysis cookies (statistics): These are cookies that allow their manager to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are connected. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure website activity in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by website visitors.
– Advertising cookies (marketing): These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, based on criteria such as the content processed or how often advertisements are shown.
– Behavioral advertising cookies (marketing): These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based thereon.
WHAT OPTIONS ARE THERE TO CONFIGURE OR MANAGE COOKIES?
You can easily configure the management of cookies carried out by this website by pressing the “Here are your cookies” button indicated below:
You can also obtain a complete and detailed list of all cookies managed by this Website, distinguished per category, by clicking the “Cookies list” button indicated below:
You can also configure your browser, accept, reject or select which cookies you allow it to install and which you do not. To do this, and depending on the browser/device you are using, you can follow any of the following processes: