What it is?
A Golden visa is a type of residence visa with several benefits, offered by several European countries including Greece. The greatest advantage is that grants visa-free travel within the Schengen zone to non-European investors and their families.
How to get it?
The most common way of acquiring a Golden Visa is through property acquisition. The Greek Golden visa scheme is one of the most affordable investment thresholds compared to all the other European visa schemes.
Non-European investors can obtain a Golden Visa with a minimum investment of €250,000 in any commercial and residential property or land situated anywhere on the Greek islands or mainland. Moreover, the investor has the option to diversify the €250,000 minimum investment on multiple properties and create conglomeration with other investors to act as a legal entity.
A road map of Golden Visa
Benefits of the Greek Golden Visa
A Greek Golden Visa is one of the most competitive Golden Visas in the EU and is accompanied with the following benefits:
- The threshold investment options are relatively lower than in most other EU countries with Golden Visa routes.
- You can extend the visa to include your family members, like your spouse, (unmarried) children under 21 years of age, and dependent parents of either yourself or your spouse. If your child is over the age of 21, but no older than 24, and they are a student, they may also be included in the Golden Visa application.
- You and your family members will enjoy visa-free travel to the Schengen Zone.
- There are no requirements to live in Greece for any duration in order to renew the residence permit.
- You can choose to rent out your property after purchase.
- You can apply for Greek citizenship after seven years of residence. Greece is an EU Member State, so you would have access to the EU free market and visa-free travel to more than a hundred countries.
- You can live, work, and invest in Greece.
- You have access to Greek education and healthcare